Skip to main content
Hours of Operation Instructional Media Center
IMC Regular hours during the fall and spring semesters
|Mon - Thurs
||8:00 am - Midnight
||8:00 am - 6:00 pm
||10:00 am - 6:00 pm
||12:00 pm-12:00 am
Our hours vary during breaks and the summer!
Please follow the link below to see our special hours during those times of the year.
The IMC staff will print your poster in any of the following software products:
Contact the IMC If you are using a different program than the ones listed above so that you can verify that we have the ability open and print the file.
Like this Research Guide?
Share it with your friends!
How will this Poster Printing guide help me?
The purpose of this guide is threefold.
- Make the process of printing your poster at the WCU Instructional Media Center as easy and trouble free as possible.
- Provide you with the resources to plan for & make an interesting, well-designed poster that people will want to read.
- Have a step-by-step" how to" for making a poster using either PowerPoint or Publisher.
How can I get my poster printed?
The Instructional Media Center (IMC) of the F.H. Green Library houses a large-format inkjet printer, suitable for printing research posters, banners or any other large-scale printing need. We are located on the first floor of the Library (Just down the hall from the Starbucks!)
- We require a minimum of 48 hours notice for print jobs. Jobs submitted for deadlines shorter than this cannot be guaranteed. For more information see What happens after I email my poster?
- Posters are printed from rolls of paper 24", 36" or 42" wide. If you want to avoid trimming your poster use 24", 36" or 42" as either the height or width. ie: 18" x 24", 42" x 56", 36" x 48"
- There will be no free reprints if errors in formatting or typos are discovered post-printing. You are responsible for the formatting and content of your poster. Library Staff cannot be responsible for editing your work or formatting the poster.
- Set the poster size before you begin designing your poster. Changing the poster size once the file has been formatted causes changes in the proportions of your text and graphics. Go to the PowerPoint or Publisher directions on the Design page for more information.
- All printing must be paid for at the time you pick up your poster. We accept cash or check as payment.
- You can submit your poster for printing in Person from a USB drive or e-mail - see e-mail Checklist
Checklist for submitting poster via email
Use this checklist to assist you when submitting your poster to the IMC for printing. Use of this checklist will ensure we have everything needed to process your poster in a timely and efficient manner
__ email your file to
__ File attached to email.
The following are included in the body of the email . . .
__ First & Last name
__ Phone number I can be reached if there is a problem
__ Dimensions of the finished poster
__ Type of paper on which I want my poster printed (Glossy or Plain).
__ Date I need to pick up my poster.
STAFF AND FACULTY NOTE: If you are printing something for your department please include in the email message the name of the department & the account # that should be charged for your print job.
What happens after I email my poster to the IMC?
- The IMC does not offer poster printing services on Saturdays. If you submit your poster after 4pm on Friday no one will see your email until noon on Sunday (During Summer sessions there are no poster printing services Saturday or Sunday).
- The IMC staff will email you to confirm that we have received your poster. If you do not receive an email confirmation within 12 hours of submitting Sun - Fri then please call 610-436-3395 to confirm receipt.
- We then check that the poster you submitted matches the size you requested and is in a format which we can print. If we find a problem we may call or email you. Please keep an eye on your email.
- Within 2 business days we will print your poster and contact you (via email) once your order is complete.
Most Often Requested Sizes
|24" x 36"
|36" x 48"
|36" x 56"
*Pricing may vary should a poster use excessive colour (ie: posters requiring large amounts of ink).
An excessive ink fee of .25 per square foot will be charged.
- All printing must be paid for at the time you pick up your poster.
The IMC accepts cash or check as payment.
- We require 48 hours (or two business days) notice for print jobs. Jobs submitted for deadlines shorter than this cannot be guaranteed.
- You are responsible for the formatting and content of your poster. There will be no free reprints if errors in formatting or typos are discovered post-printing. Library Staff cannot be responsible for editing your work or formatting the poster.
- You must set the poster size within the program before you begin designing your poster (See the "How to" tab above for more detailed information). Changing the poster size once the file has been formatted causes changes in the proportions of your text and graphics.