Skip to main content
Use the Libraries' OneSearch !
Search defaults to Discipline=Computer Science. To see more results, "Clear Filters" (left-side top) after running your search.
Welcome to the WCU Library Services guide to research resources in Computer Science - from WCU Library and beyond. This page of the Guide includes:
- new* Library OneSearch - try it! Send Feedback & let us know what you think.
- PILOT library catalog search box.
- Research Databases
Using a database focused on computer science content allows you to take advantage of the database's unique characteristics. Two of the databases specifically search their publications (ACM & IEEE), while the Computers and Applied Sciences database (from EBSCO) will return articles from a broader range of publishers.
- Streaming Video - an example of the streaming videos available from WCU Libraries' subscription to the Films on Demand database.
- New Books list - new print and e-book titles at WCU Libraries.
- User feedback box - let me know what you think. Do you have suggestions for additional content/links? Suggestion for a book purchase?
See the tab above for > Journals & Websites related to Computer Science.
Please contact me (info at right -->) if you have suggestions for other additions to this guide. As a resource for a community of learners, this guide will benefit from the combined expertise of all!
Research Databases for Computer Science
Streaming Videos for Online Learning
Did you know that WCU Libraries has a subscription to a large and growing collection of online videos, including many in Computer Science? One collection is called "Films on Demand" and is listed under "Databases" on the Libraries' website. Data Mining: Big Data's Increasing Challenge and Payoff, below, is one example.
Electronic Resources Librarian
ACM-W News Blog
From ACM's Committee on Women in Computing